Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAED)
The Bachelor of Arts with Education – Secondary (BAED) is hybrid teacher education Programme that combines the traditional face-to face with a blend of online classes. It aims at grounding candidates in the art of teaching at secondary school level. It is designed to scaffold students to become more thoughtful and informed education practitioners and teachers. The programme fosters critical analysis of educational thought, ethics and teaching or pedagogical
skills. The Programme is blended with critical thinking skills required of the 21 st century teacher, Techniques of needs assessment in secondary schools teaching, methods of teaching and learning as well as instructional media available in secondary school. The Programme is categorised into Professional Core, Pedagogical Core and Elective courses. All Core courses are compulsory throughout the Academic years. Whereas Elective courses are optional depending on the subject combination. Each year will end with a compulsory two-month’s micro-teaching practicum and supervised school experience and practice.
The Bachelor of Arts with Education programme takes a minimum of THREE (03) years and a maximum of FIVE (05) years divided into THREE SESSIO+NS (Trimester). Luigi Giussani Institute of Higher Education adopts a trimester system which constitutes three sessions in each Academic year. Each session is composed of twelve (12) weeks for lectures, Continuous Assessment and Practice. End of Session Examinations are always done within the first week of the succeeding (next) session. The overall objective of the program is to train graduate secondary school teachers who are skilled in nurturing learners to develop their talents and creativity.
1.2 Mode of Delivery
The Bachelor of Arts with Education programme shall take a minimum of THREE (03) years and a maximum of FIVE (05) years divided into THREE SESSIONS (Trimester Education System). Luigi Giussani Institute of Higher Education adopts a trimester education system which constitutes three sessions in each Academic year. Each session is composed of twelve (12) weeks for lectures, Continuous Assessment and Practice. End of Session Examinations are always done within the first week of the succeeding (next) session.
The Bachelor of Arts with Education Programme is now open. You may now submit your applications. For more information, contact the Academic Registrar at: 0788 101 821 or 0703 214 735 and Email:email@example.com
This Program targets all those interested in acquiring knowledge, skills, and values in secondary school education with Grade five (V) or Diploma in Education (Secondary) qualifications. The following are the entry categories:
- The Course targets persons who intend to teach in Secondary schools and possess at least 5 passes at UCE and least two principal passes (Two best done Arts subjects) at A’ level (UACE) in the following combinations: HEG, MEG, HED, HEI (Islam), HEL, DEG, HEG, LEG FEG. Students enrolling to the Programme must also have passed General Paper, Sub-Maths or Computer Studies
- Mature age: Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations with at least a 50% mark. The mature age entry examinations must have been accredited by the National Council;
- Diploma holders in secondary education (With Professional, Foundations of Education and Two best done Arts Subject Combinations) or an equivalent from a recognized institution will be enrolled to the Programme.
- Bridging course for students who have done their secondary education outside Uganda. The bridging courses must have been accredited by the National Council.
- LGHIE welcomes international applicants who satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the Program of study. Candidates from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to supply evidence of Proficiency of English.
Alternatively, you may visit our centre in Luzira. Plot No. 828/829 Sentamu – Jagenda Road, along Port Bell Road, opposite the first Total Petrol Station for the print format.