Bachelor of Education Primary (BEP)
The Programme is categorised as first degree of pursuit in Primary Education. It adapts a competence-based programme designed model to suit the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes required of a primary school teacher and leader to meet the challenges of the 21 st century learners.
The programme emphasises learner-centred teaching and learning experiences, while focusing on mastery of essential skills. It encourages students to do projects, exhibitions, portfolios, writing reflective journals, and carrying-out small-scale research. The pedagogy of creating and constructing knowledge through a variety of methods is at the core of the training methodology of this programme. The programme design encourages lecturers to support students in developing competencies, and facilitate learning by creating moments of impact. The programme design also promotes peer tutoring and the use of other social learning technologies to meet the needs of the different learning typologies (audio, visual, kinaesthetic, and tactile).
1.2 Mode of Delivery
The mode of delivery of the Program is through face-to-face lectures, online blended lessons, podcasts, active group discussions, tutorials, peer-to-peer tutoring, micro-teaching, fieldwork projects/outreach activities and research projects. Teaching and Learning Strategies will be highly interactive and learner-centred. Several methods will be adopted including interactive lectures, group discussions and presentations, case studies, simulations, resource persons/guest speakers, field studies, child study projects portfolio/e-portfolio and material development, display, demonstrations and research.
The Bachelor of Education Primary Programme is now open. You may now submit your applications. For more information, contact the Academic Registrar at: 0788 101 821 or 0703 214 735 and Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
This Program targets all those interested in acquiring knowledge, skills, and values in primary school education with qualifications in Grade III or equivalent with a Diploma in Primary Education. The following are the entry categories:
- Direct entrants to this Programme should have obtained at least two (2) principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate (UACE) level and at least five (5) passes at Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) level as recommended by the National Council for Higher Education minimum entry requirement for degree programme (NCHE, 2014) and the National Teacher Policy: Standard 1: Admission and Enrolment of Quality Trainees (MoES, 2019)
- Mature age: Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations with at least a 50% mark. The mature age entry examinations must have been accredited by the National Council;
- Diploma obtained at credit/distinction level in the relevant field obtained from recognized institution; or
- Bridging course for students who have done their secondary education outside Uganda. The bridging courses must have been accredited by the National Council.
- LGHIE welcomes international applicants who satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the Program of study. Candidates from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to supply evidence of Proficiency of English.
Alternatively, you may visit our centre in Luzira. Plot No. 828/829 Sentamu – Jagenda Road, along Port Bell Road, opposite the first Total Petrol Station for the print format.