Bachelor of Pre-Primary Education (BPE)
The Bachelor of Pre-Primary Education Program is a two-years Programme of study based on a conceptual framework of current theory, contemporary perspectives and sound research findings in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education. Focus is on knowledge, attitudes, skills, practice, reflection and field experiences needed to become efficient, competent, and effective professionals.
The program is designed to equip pre-primary teachers with competencies as stipulated in the MoES (2016) Competency Profile of a Nursery School Teacher in Uganda. The MoES competency stipulates the duties of an ECCE teacher as:
- Planning learning activities,
- Implementing learning activities/plan,
- Assessing Learning outcomes
- Carrying out guidance and counselling services
- Caring for the ECEC facilities,
- Perform health and safety,
- Participate in administrative roles,
- Participate in co-curricular activities and
- Pursue continuous professional development.
The overall objective of the program is to train graduate pre-primary teachers who are skilled in
supporting children to develop their talents and creativity.
1.2 Mode of Delivery
The mode of delivery of the Program is through face-to-face lectures, online blended lessons, podcasts, active group discussions, tutorials, peer-to-peer tutoring, micro-teaching, fieldwork projects/outreach activities and research projects. Teaching and Learning Strategies will be highly interactive and learner-centred. Several methods will be adopted including interactive lectures, group discussions and presentations, case studies, simulations, resource persons/guest speakers, field studies, child study projects portfolio/e-portfolio and material development, display, demonstrations and research.
The Bachelor of Pre-Primary Education Programme is now open. You may now submit your applications. For more information, contact the Academic Registrar at: 0788 101 821 or 0703 214 735 and Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
This Program targets all those interested in acquiring knowledge, skills, and values in early childhood care and education with qualifications in ECCE. The following are the entry categories:
- Direct entrants to this Programme should have obtained at least two (2) principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate (UACE) level and at least five (5) passes at Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) level as recommended by the National Council for Higher Education minimum entry requirement for degree programme (NCHE, 2014) and the National Teacher Policy: Standard 1: Admission and
Enrolment of Quality Trainees (MoES, 2019).
- Mature age: Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations with at least a 50% mark. The mature age entry examinations must have been accredited by the National Council;
- Diploma obtained at credit/distinction level in the relevant field obtained from recognized institution; or
- Bridging course for students who have done their secondary education outside Uganda. The bridging courses must have been accredited by the National Council.
- LGHIE welcomes international applicants who satisfy the minimum entry requirements of the Program of study. Candidates from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to supply evidence of Proficiency of English.
Alternatively, you may visit our centre in Luzira. Plot No. 828/829 Sentamu – Jagenda Road, along Port Bell Road, opposite the first Total Petrol Station for the print format.