Accredited by the National Council for Higher Education in 2013 as an institution of higher learning, Luigi Giussani Institute of Higher Education (LGIHE) is renowned for its transformative learning approaches and provision of support services that enhance the quality of education through training, research and outreach programs. LGIHE programs are aligned for improved learning outcomes for students, increased professional development for teachers, enhanced life/entrepreneurial skills, and improved access to quality education for children. Based in Luzira, Kampala, LGIHE is currently seeking candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Position: DEPUTY PRINCIPAL – ACADEMICS
Reports to: Principal
Duty Station: Luzira, Kampala
The Deputy Principal will be charged with performing leadership and supervision roles regarding academic policies and activities of the Institute.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the Principal in the performance of his or her leadership functions
- Advising the Principal on policy matters relating to staff, students and programmes
- Overseeing the establishment of systems and processes for planning, development and review of academic programmes
- Supervising Deans to ensure proper curriculum implementation.
- Coordinating staff appraisal and staff development needs and making relevant recommendations
- Ensuring compliance in the setting and marking of all examinations in accordance with the Institute’s academic policies and guidelines
- Promoting partnerships and networks for the growth and transformation of the Institute
- Performing any other function as may be assigned by the Principal
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Should have a Master of Education from a recognized university. Being a PhD holder or PhD candidate could be an added advantage.
- Should have at least five (5) years of proven experience in teaching, research and administration from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- A demonstration of academic leadership through publication and research output will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send applications accompanied with an updated CV and copies of relevant academic documents to the:
Human Resource Manager,
Luigi Giussani Foundation,
via email firstname.lastname@example.org (AS ONE ATTACHMENT of not more than 5MBs) not later than October 20, 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.